Sunday, June 17, 2012

Meditation and Cooking for the non-chef

Friday June 15th 2012 - I'm going to cook for my boyfriend. Menu - Steak and veggies
I'm still at work at 5:30pm, and freaking out! I've never cooked steak, there's so much to do still, and all the cleaning up afterwards. Ugh! Why shouldn't we just go out to dinner?

I converse with some of my colleagues regarding this dinner, and they say it's easy and I shouldn't sweat it, plus I'm probably an awesome girlfriend for doing this for my man! As I walk to my car, just calming myself down, telling myself I CAN do this!

I sit in my car, and take 5 minutes.

I focus on how the process: The meat has thawed, I need to just marinate it with garlic powder, pepper, chili powder, thyme, chia seeds. Leave it. We will only put it in the broiler when Ryan get's here (8 minutes both sides). However it will be hot and fresh. The potatoes - wash and clean, take out the eyes, set to boil with a little bit of salt for 20 minutes. Then fry lightly in olive oil till crunchy, add rosemary seasoning, and towards the end squeeze fresh lemon onto it. Boil the corn and salt to taste.
Wash the dishes or load them in the washer as I go to make clean up easy. I am going to love cooking this meal. It is going to be a delicious and perfect meal. He will love it, and it will nourish our bodies.

I got home, put on some Beatles, and did exactly the above!

Meditation can work miracles when preparing a meal, and you are not so fond of cooking, or the processes involved.

I am so glad for meditation, good food, and appreciation!





This was a different meal I made - mashed potatoes, veggies, and pork chops. For some reason  its easier cooking at his place, because I have company, and help. When at my place I begin cooking before he gets here. So it's a solo kitchen adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment